Bibliography of Further References
Contacts for Ojibwe Information:
Bemidji, Minnesota is centrally located between three Chippewa reservations,
Red Lake, Leech Lake, and White Earth.
Both are staffed with some Native professors.
Both offer classes on history, culture, and present day issues.
BSU also offers Ojibwe language classes.
Other locations for Ojibwe Information:
- Fond Du Lac Tribal & Community College
- Rob McKnight's Anishanaabe Language Page
(Contains many more words and a bulletin board that questions can be posted to!)
- Map of Minnesota Ojibwe Reservations and Place Names by Brian Donovan
- Ojibwe Story, as told by Earl Nyholm (Ojibwe from upper Michigan, language teacher at Bemidji State U.)
- More Ojibwe History and Culture by Kevin L Callahan, Graduate Sutdent in Anthropology at the U of M)
- Resourse books on Language, stories, translations from Manitoba Association for Native Languages.
- Language resourses (books to order), books, tapes, coloring books etc. also from Manitoba Association for Native Languages.
- Books, books, books associated with Amazon.com
- History, treaties, Mich. map of reservations etc. Page by Rose Edwards of Keweenaw Bay, Mich.
Other Native American Links (Includes tribes over both American continents)
Saskatchewan Indian Cultural CenterMostly Cree, has excellent section of interviews with elders.
Languages around the world, includes many Native American languages, page created by Tyler Chambers.
Index of Native American Resources
note: This page tends to load slowly, but has excellent information.
Another large Index of Native American Resources
Native Net - resources for indigenous cultures around the world
Native American Christian Resources